- Hilsa - Health Benefits, Nutritional Values & Recipes
- Red Wine: Is it really Good?
- Toxic Chemicals in Bread may cause Cancer and Thyroid Disorders
- The Essential Goa Cookbook by Maria Teresa Menezes - Paperback – 14 Oct 2000
- The Essential Kerala Cookbook by Vijayan Kannampilly - Paperback – 28 Apr 2003
Cupcake is a tiny cake which is to be served to one person. It is baked in a thin small paper or cup of aluminum. A standard quality cup cake uses basic ingredients as sugar, flour, eggs and butter. Cake batter used for making this dish are flavored and have stirrings of nuts, chocolate chips, berries, raisins and dry fruits.
Cupcakes use less time for baking than a normal cake that is layered. The dish suitable for layer cake is used for baking cup cakes. These cakes are topped with other decorations of cake and frosting. Pastry cream, fruits are used as toppings. Cup cakes may be decorated elaborately for special occasions.
This dish may be homely baked and hand-crafted from scratch. Finest ingredients are used in its makings without additives, preservatives and premixes. All fillings and toppings may also be made at home.
There is perfect display of cupcakes in the market and you can choose from id depending upon the taste, temperament and your favorite flavour. These cakes are neatly kept and baked freshly. You must definitely try a decorative cup cake piece. Pictures are displayed cutely in the welcoming shops. This dish should be eaten in proper and correct manner.
Nutrition facts of cup cakes- This is a tasty confectionery.
Amount per 100g
- Calories – 305
- Total fat- 3.7 g-5%
- Saturated fat-1.1g -5%
- Polyunsaturated fat-0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat-1.8g
- Total Carbohydrate-67g-22%
Important types of cup cakes-
- Mini cup cakes
- Midi cup cakes
- Rain Bow Hearts Cake
- Princess Cake
- Mickey mouse Cake
- Fashionista cup cakes
- For Her 4 Cup Cake Set
- For Her 6 Cup Cake Set
- For Her 12 Cup Cake Set
- Sheep Cake
- Chocolate Cup Cake
- Vanilla Cup Cake
- Carrot Cake Cup Cake
- Self-rising flour 125g
- Caster sugar 125g
- Unsalted soft butter 125g
- Large eggs 2
- Vanilla extract ½ teaspoon
- Milk 2 tablespoon
- Instant royal icing 1 packet
- Color pastes for food coloring
- For decoration of cake- sugar flowers, wafer roses, favorite sweets, candies and sprinkles.
- Oven is preheated to 400F or 200C.Tin is lined with muffin cases.
- Simple method of making cup cakes- Put all ingredients leaving alone milk in processor, blitz until smooth.
- Pulse when conducting addition of milk, make dropping consistency and soft. Use a wooden spoon and bowl, sugar and butter is creamed, eggs are beated one after the other with little flour.
- Add vanilla extract. Fold rest flour; add milk so that dropping and required consistency is got as before.
- Scrape and spoon the stuff into the cases equally by judging with eye about the necessary amounts.
- Put in oven. Bake for 20 minutes or so or till cup cakes become golden at top part and is cooked nicely. Take the cup cakes in cases out of tin. Cool it on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, make uncolored, big royal icing batch. Remove few spoonfuls one at a time to small plates .Royal icing is got by mixing 1 lb box of sugar of confectioner with meringue powder that is 3 tablespoons in quantity. Add warm water 6 tablespoons. Beat with electric mixer on speed that is low till the icing thickens and formation of soft peaks occurs.
- By the usage of bamboo skewer add small color dots from paste-tubs. Stir with teaspoon and then addition of more colors very cautiously and very slowly occurs. Here pastel works best depending on your aesthetic sense, till you get your desired and necessary color.
- The cupcakes are coated with icing by the usage of teaspoons. A moment is left for drying slightly on surface before putting whole of the decorations.