- Hilsa - Health Benefits, Nutritional Values & Recipes
- Red Wine: Is it really Good?
- Toxic Chemicals in Bread may cause Cancer and Thyroid Disorders
- The Essential Goa Cookbook by Maria Teresa Menezes - Paperback – 14 Oct 2000
- The Essential Kerala Cookbook by Vijayan Kannampilly - Paperback – 28 Apr 2003
A New Year’s Eve can be celebrated with creamy, rich, smooth and super-chocolaty Chocolate Ice Cream homemade using ice cream maker and without eggs. The first day of New Year can be commemorated for being having a happy, wonderful and prosperous New Year ahead.
The homemade ice cream has right sweet amount and has right quantities of flavour combinations. This dish is best for kids. Chocolate ice cream is ice cold but soft ice cream still. This dish is supposedly everything “real” ice cream. It is so rich that one scoop is enough for a person to relish.
Chocolate Ice cream is that ice cream with artificial or natural chocolate flavourings. Chocolate is second commonest flavour of the ice creams in U.S, the first one being vanilla. It is eaten in a cup, cone or bowl. It may be eaten right away from carton.
Hot chocolate was a popular drink in Europe in 17th century. Combined with tea and coffee all the three beverages were utilized in making unfrozen and frozen desserts. Chocolate ice cream was popular in U.S in late 19th century.
Chocolate ice cream serves as a remedy for many medical conditions, which has the inclusion of treatment of scurvy and gout. This dish is made by combination of cocoa powder with cream, sugar, vanilla and eggs. Little times chocolate liquor is added with cocoa powder so as to create chocolate flavour. Cocoa powder imparts this dish its brown colour.
The minimum content of fat in the recipe in both U.S and Canada is 8%, without depending on the amount of sweetener of chocolate in it. This dish is available in places like convenience stores, super-markets, restaurants, cafe’s, diners, and grocery and ice cream parlours. The dish helps in creation of flavours like Rocky Road.
Facts about Nutrition- Amount per 100g
- Total fat-11g-16%
- Saturated Fat- 7g- 35%
- Polyunsaturated Fat- 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat-3.2g
- Cholesterol-34mg- 11%
- Sodium-76mg- 3%
- Potassium- 249 mg-7%
- Total carbohydrate-28g- 9%
- Protein- 3.8g-7%
- Vitamin B6-5%
- Vitamin B12-5%
- Vitamin C-1%
- Vitamin D-1%
- Calcium- 10%
Plain chocolate chip ice cream is prepared with vanilla ice cream. Chocolate chip ice cream is prepared with chocolate ice cream. Mint chocolate chip ice cream is prepared with Mint ice cream.
- 60% or 4 oz baking chocolate
- Boiling water -1/4 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder-1/3 cup
- Sugar-1/2 cup
- Milk-2 cups
- Cream-2 cups
- Salt pinch
- Instant coffee-1/4 teaspoon
- Whisked egg yolks-3
- Vanilla extract-1 teaspoon
- Chocolate is melted using a double boiler. When chocolate melts transfer it to saucepan that is medium-sized and heavily- bottomed. Put it to medium low heat. Add cocoa powder, half sugar present and boiling water. Vigorous whisking is done till no lumps are found. Remove it from heat.
- Add cream 1 cup, rest sugar, milk, salt and instant coffee to the base of chocolate. Till full incorporation whisk it. With spatula scrape sides and bottom of pan. Turn to medium heat while chocolate base smoothens. Occasional stirring is done. When steam comes from the base the egg yolks are whisked in a bowl. The chocolate base is added to the eggs. Whisk vigorously the egg mixture else it will be cooked. All the chocolate base and egg mixture is combined while stirring vigorously.
- Heat base to 170F so that base thickens little and steamy. After removal from heat, rest cold cream cup is stirred with the base, else it will be cooked. Then it is placed in a mesh strainer so that there are no curds. Then the bowl is put in an ice bath for chilling purposes. Vanilla is stirred.
- For complete chilling put it in ice bath overnight. Then it is churned. Then it is put in freezer for 1 hour. The dish is prepared.