- Hilsa - Health Benefits, Nutritional Values & Recipes
- Red Wine: Is it really Good?
- Toxic Chemicals in Bread may cause Cancer and Thyroid Disorders
- The Essential Goa Cookbook by Maria Teresa Menezes - Paperback – 14 Oct 2000
- The Essential Kerala Cookbook by Vijayan Kannampilly - Paperback – 28 Apr 2003
A Burger is a sandwich which consists of one or more patties that is added with onion, tomato, cucumber and ground meat which is placed inside a bun sliced. The burgers are always served along with wafers on sides and everything comes in a cane basket where it is placed. The ways of serving of burgers delights all.
Burgers come along with mustard onions, fried eggs, mushroom and cheese, all of which is sandwiched between a soft bun. The meat is prepared till the heights of perfection is reached and taste of the ingredients are nicely blended with each other.
Facts about nutrition- Amount per 100g
- Total fat-14g-21%
- Saturated Fat-5g-25%
- Polyunsaturated Fat-0.4g
- Monounsaturated Fat-5g
- Tran’s fat-0.8g
- Total Carbohydrate-24g-8%
- Sugar 4.2g
- Protein -17g-34%
- Vitamin B6-10%
- Vitamin B12-23%
This dish is a junk and fast-food commodity. They are available in small cafes and high-end delicatessens. It can be made in home with top quality ingredients. This gives an enjoyment factor to both the person who is making it as well as the person who is eating it.
- Chicken Burger
- Steak Burger
- Rice Burger
- Veggie Burger
- Ground Beef Burger and
- Patty Burger
For mix of the burger-
- Olive Oil
- Chopped finely and peeled red onions 3 medium
- 5 bread slices with removed crusts
- Minced beef of lean quality 600g
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper fresh ground 1 heaped teaspoon
- Free-range eggs 2 large
- Grated freshly 2 handfuls of Parmesan cheese
For spicy mayo-
- Low-fat mayonnaise prepared with free-range eggs 3 teaspoons
- Fat-free yogurt natural 3 teaspoons
- Tomato ketchup 2 teaspoons
- Good pinch of cayenne pepper or smoked paprika 1
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Bacon that is smoked streaky and high welfare with 7 rashers
- Large burger buns-7 or small burger buns- 21
- Dry and washed leaves of 2 round soft lettuce
- Sliced tomatoes 5
- Sliced gherkins 7
- Pickled chillies –few
- These burgers can be made in oven, on barbecue or in hot pan. Preheat the barbecue or oven if they are used.
- Olive oil splash is put into large frying pan at a low flame. Add the chopped onions. Fry for 15 minutes, till onions become soft, then allow them to cool completely. Bread is blitz in food processor till fine consistency is got. Baking tray is cleaned and oil is put in it and then kept aside. Cooled onions are put into a large bowl along with other burger ingredients. With clean hands the mixture is scrunched together very nicely, and then they are divided into 7 equal balls for preparation of burger.
- Clean your hands and then the balls are rolled into patties of burger shape about 3 cm thick. Then the burgers are placed on baking tray which was oiled and pat them up with olive oil. They are covered with cling film, and then tray is put into refrigerator for an hour and a half till the patties are fully firmed. Utilize this time in making spicy mayo. Therefore all ingredients are put into bowl, mixed well and then kept aside.
- If you are using a frying pan, heat it. Allow it to be really hot. If you are deciding to cook the burgers, they will require 5 minutes per side and they are to be cooked in batches if pan is not big enough. Once the burgers are cooked on one side rashers of bacon are added – in whatever way burger is being cooked-then the burgers are flipped and the bacon are cooked till crisp and golden. When burgers are cooked in accordance to our liking and they are looking good, burger buns are made into halves and are warmed. Bacon is put on a plate which is lined with kitchen paper for draining purpose.
- When all things come together, burgers are popped to their buns. All lovely toppings and spicy mayo are added. It is expected that you have knowledge about how burger is put together. Tuck it with a lovely baked potato, fresh salad or potato wedges.