- Hilsa - Health Benefits, Nutritional Values & Recipes
- Red Wine: Is it really Good?
- Toxic Chemicals in Bread may cause Cancer and Thyroid Disorders
- The Essential Goa Cookbook by Maria Teresa Menezes - Paperback – 14 Oct 2000
- The Essential Kerala Cookbook by Vijayan Kannampilly - Paperback – 28 Apr 2003
Almonds are used as whole or with grinding into flour or when it has blending with sugar so that a smooth and dense paste forms. Almonds serve as a versatile ingredient in cookie, pastry, and cake dishes all around the globe.
Almonds delight our senses. They add irresistible element to other desserts. They can be sliced, chopped or ground. They have world-wide preference in being paired with chocolate. Their buttery and earthy flavour brings natural sweetness of different berries. It is also a crunchy and divine complement to chocolate. Almonds are used by bakers and pastry chefs for centuries in and around the globe.
- Toasted Almond Biscotti- Almonds that are crumbly, crunchy are twicely-baked to form studded cookies. They serve as a perfect complement to a coffee cup.
- Chewy Almond Macaroons- Almond paste is made with the combination of amaretto-flavoured chewy interior and caramelized crunchy exterior for the preparation of cookies that are bite-sized.
- Almond and Marzipan Roulade- It is swirled with toasted nuts and marzipan for fine breakfast.
- Apricot-Almond Tart- Apricots are substituted for peaches, plums in the juicy tart.
- Butter Saffron Cake- The sweet filling of dried fruit and almond paste is tucked to centre of this cake.
- Fried Almond Pastries-Sweet-sticky pastries of almond which are drenched in honey syrup and flower orange water are important rustic desserts.
- Almond-Cream Tartlets- Frozen raspberries with cream and pastry almond crust for preparation of bite-sized and delicate tartlets.
- Nutty Chocolate Bark with Cardamom and Coffee-Flavourful combination of dried mulberries, almonds, coffee beans, pistachios, tart cherries and cardamom tops the dark chocolate in a gorgeously layered and crunchy bark.
- Almond Caramels- Mini caramels together with almond, syrup, and orange zest make wonderful gifts and delicious simple treats.
- Grilled peaches with Honey-Almond Streusel-Succulent grilled peaches have toppings with flour almond streusel and made with acacia honey. This is a sweet, unexpected dessert treat.
- Ginger Curry Candied Almonds- Spicy, salted and sweet glazed almonds make addition to parties and gift baskets.
- Tozzetti- They is Roman-style Biscotti because of their important anise flavour and important baking method. Result is light biscotti with almond chunks and hazelnuts.
- Chocolate-Almond Cookies-They are old crumbly cookies from Italy flavoured with Strega.
- Cherry-Almond Star cookies- Star- shaped and iconic- Italian cookies are infused with cream and kirsch to add depth and richness.
- Chocolate-Glazed Almond Spice cookies- They serve as Christmas cookies.
- Rainbow Cookies- Pastry filling made with almonds instead of almond paste that is used for preparation of light, moist cookies.
- Anise-Almond Sprinkle cookies-Pernod-accented glaze imparts the cookies its anise flavour.
- Almond sticks with cocoa nibs- Cocoa nibs give a subtly bitter note and crunch to the biscotti-like cookies.
- Catalan Biscotti- Serves these cookies with famous burnt ice cream.
- Almond Cream-Puff Ring
- Cherry Almond Caramel Apple Explosion
- Almond Orange Pithiviers
- Scandinavian Almond Bars
- Almond Crunch
- Chocolate Almond Marble Cheesecake
Ingredients of Toasted Almond Biscotti-
- For grease-unsalted butter
- Flour-3 cups, +for pan
- 8 oz. Almonds sliced, +1 lb.lightly, whole toasted
- Granulated sugar-1 and half cups
- Packed brown sugar-1 and half cups
- Canola oil ¼ cup
- Baking powder 1 tablespoon
- Ground cinnamon 1 and half teaspoon
- Vanilla extract -1 and half teaspoon
- Oven is heated to 375C. Flour and grease the baking sheet. Keep aside. Sugar granulated and almonds sliced are combined in food processor. Make it smooth. Add brown sugar, baking powder, vanilla, eggs, flour, oil and cinnamon. Pulse till the time dough comes along with it. Fold the whole almonds. Transfer them to the prepared pan. Pat dough in a 7”*15” rectangle. Bake till firm slightly and golden which takes 18 to 20 minutes. Cool the biscotti.
- Oven is reduced to 325C. Cool biscotti are removed from time. It is cut crosswise to form strips. The strips are transferred to paper-lined parchment baking sheets. Bake till golden brown which takes 20 to 25 minutes. Cool it totally before time of serving.