- Hilsa - Health Benefits, Nutritional Values & Recipes
- Red Wine: Is it really Good?
- Toxic Chemicals in Bread may cause Cancer and Thyroid Disorders
- The Essential Goa Cookbook by Maria Teresa Menezes - Paperback – 14 Oct 2000
- The Essential Kerala Cookbook by Vijayan Kannampilly - Paperback – 28 Apr 2003
Punjabi Dhaba Style Chicken curry is spiced highly and it is a non-vegetarian dish made with chicken as its most important ingredient. Dhaba means Road-side restaurant. People have great fanatic attitude towards foods made in Punjabi Dhabas. Dal Makhani, Chicken curry and Sooka Roti are favourite dhaba food of all people in the nation and worldwide. Dhabas are located along highways.
In the dhabas people have food till the duration of journey. This facility makes their vacation truly memorable. In the dhaba Kulcha Bread, Naan, Gobi Masala, and Boondi Raita are served along with Punjabi Styled chicken curry. This gives them full satisfaction after having the meal. The dish is very hot and flavourful when served. Lassi is also provided. Dhaba in India are very basic and rustic.
Facts about nutrition-
This dish is main course dish with medium cooking level. The dhaba style of Punjabi chicken curry is very easy while preparing and uses all ingredients which are common and used daily. This dish is yummylicious. The important ingredients include mustard oil and garam masala. If you use home-made garam masala then the dish yield more aroma which satisfies all. It can be enjoyed with roti.
People love the spice and flavour of cuisine of Punjab. The dish can be helped in lunch on weekends together with mutton biriyani both of which may be spicy, tasty and simple. The recipe turned to be delicious with real and authentic taste of Punjabi Dhaba. In the dish there is a need of cooking chicken pieces with tomato and onion based curry and with really correct quantity of spice added.
Punjabi style chicken masala can really be prepared at home and the respective dish can be made and enjoyed at home by putting the masala onto the dish. You can realize how simply irresistible the dish is irrespective of the fact as to whether the dish is prepared at home or in dhaba.
The dhaba style of this recipe mostly has very yellow colour due to addition of turmeric powder in heaps. There is no comparison of this recipe with other recipes and this dish requires no introduction. The dish is finger-licking good. Rice and chicken curry are favourite food of plenty of people. It is a fast, make-ahead and healthy dish. It has thick gravy which may be a favourite of all.
You can decently drive to lively and petite “Sardar Ji Da Dhaba” and relish this dish available at those humble dhabas which are scattered across the highways of India.
- Chopped coarsely- 6 onions
- Cloves of garlic- 4
- Chopped, peeled two 1-inch fresh ginger piece
- Vegetable oil-half cup
- Ground coriander-2 tablespoon
- Ground cumin-1 teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper-1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon- half teaspoon
- Ground cloves- 2 pinches
- Ground cardamom-2 pinches
- Turmeric-half teaspoon
- Tomato sauce- 2 cups
- Skinned, eight 12-ounce of chicken breast with half made on bones
- Water-2 cups
- Sprinkle-garam masala
- Cilantro chopped-4 tablespoon
- Chop onions in processor of food. Add ginger, garlic and keep processing it till all of them become chopped finely. In cast-iron casserole which is enamelled and medium the vegetable oil is heated. Add cumin, coriander, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and cayenne. Cook in low temperature of heat till fragrance is got, for 2 minutes.
- Onion mixture is added. Cook in high temperature of heat, stir sometimes till the mixture becomes golden brown, for 15 minutes. Add tomato sauce and turmeric. Simmer over high moderate flame, stir sometimes, till thickened slightly for a time 5 minutes.
- Chicken breasts are seasoned with salt. Then put them into casserole. Chicken is coated with sauce. Add water to it, cover it and boil it. Simmering is done over low flame, turn it few time, till chicken becomes throughout white for a time of 20 minutes.
- Chicken curry is seasoned with salt. Chicken and sauce is transferred to a platter. Garam masala is sprinkled on the top. With cilantro garnish it and serve it hot with naan or basmati rice.