- Hilsa - Health Benefits, Nutritional Values & Recipes
- Red Wine: Is it really Good?
- Toxic Chemicals in Bread may cause Cancer and Thyroid Disorders
- The Essential Goa Cookbook by Maria Teresa Menezes - Paperback – 14 Oct 2000
- The Essential Kerala Cookbook by Vijayan Kannampilly - Paperback – 28 Apr 2003
This recipe is a traditional Kerala styled chicken in brown spicy gravy preparation. Pepper Chicken curry is a dish where chicken pieces are cooked with lots of spices and pepper. It is a preparation which can be done for your guests. It is a perfect dish when accompanied with roti or rice. One should never replace the whole black pepper with powder of pepper in this dish. This recipe is chicken cooked in gravy that is pepper flavoured. Green chillies and crushed pepper give nice flavour and spicy taste to this dish.
Pepper chicken curry is a family’s most favorite curry of chicken. All members of a family like to eat this dish. Fresh ground pepper is added to this dish. Like other spices, fresh ground pepper is more aromatic and more flavorful than tinned ground pepper. Fresh ground black peppercorns can be added to this dish.
In this dish, fresh ground powder of pepper and fennel seeds can be used. This combination enhances tremendously the flavour of the curry. It is recommended that you should try this spicy and yummy flavorful chicken recipe and make a good impression on your family because it is feast for your eyes as well as tastes nice.
This dish is culinary delicious with unique flavour. The eating and relishing of pepper chicken curry provides lots of benefits like medicinal effects of anti-bacterial and anti-oxidants, improves circulations, reduction of intestinal gas and helps the digestive system to great extents.
It is a simple, tasty and easy to cook recipe that must be done and must be accompanied with biryani, rice or roti. Enjoy trying it, eating it, serving it, and incorporating in your diet, thereby staying fit and healthy.
Simple ingredients are used in its preparations. These ingredients can be got very easily in our kitchens. The flavorless delicacy can be easily made and is too intuitive. It tastes best when done with boned chicken.
This dish is nutty and peppery with a kick. The curry shows how pepper can bring different flavors to a dish. The pepper is cooked and toasted into a sauce, and then it is sprinkled at the end for good and extra aroma which is got by heat.
- 2.2 lb chicken/1 kg that is cut into medium pieces and washed.
- 2 large crushed and chopped onions.
- 2 teaspoon crushed ginger.
- 2 teaspoon crushed garlic.
- 3-4 slit green chillies lengthwise.
- 1 large chopped finely tomato.
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves.
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground powder of fennel seeds.
- 2 teaspoon fresh crushed black pepper.
- 1 teaspoon fresh garam masala home-made.
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds.
- 2 inch pieces cinnamon stick.
- 2 cloves.
- 2 Star anise.
- 2 pods green cardamom.
- Or use garam masala bought from store.
- Garnishing- coriander leaves.
- To taste salt.
- 2 tablespoon oil.
- Roast and dry all ingredients listed in “To make fresh garam masala home-made”. To get fine powder grind it. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in pan, add onions chopped and sauté till it becomes light brown colour and translucent.
- Add pieces of chicken. Cook on high flame for 4-5 minutes. Stir it once a while.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt, crushed black pepper and fennel seed powder. Then combine well.
- Make medium heat. Cook made by covering the lid for 5 minutes.
- Lid is opened. Add tomatoes chopped. Cook for some time. Mix well. Cook till separation of oil.
- Pan is covered. Cook for 5 minutes. Chicken is cooked with its own water.
- Add half water cup and cook by covering the lid for 5 minutes. Cook till gravy consistency of desired amount, quality and quantity is got.
- Add garam masala powder home-made, combine well. Garnishing with leaves of fresh coriander.
- Serve hot.