- Hilsa - Health Benefits, Nutritional Values & Recipes
- Red Wine: Is it really Good?
- Toxic Chemicals in Bread may cause Cancer and Thyroid Disorders
- The Essential Goa Cookbook by Maria Teresa Menezes - Paperback – 14 Oct 2000
- The Essential Kerala Cookbook by Vijayan Kannampilly - Paperback – 28 Apr 2003
Mutton Biriyani is a hearty dish which will definitely amaze the guests who arrive to your house. Layers of saffron-milk and mutton are infused in the rice which is cooked in the “dum” style. Mutton Biriyani can also be cooked in the royal and princely Awadhi Style. So you can certainly breathe in the fragrance and aroma of this dish. This item is perfect for feasting at the dinner table.
India’s Biriyani are known as Hyderabadi Mutton Biriyani and also as “the kachche gosht ki biriyani” by a legendary person from the kitchen of Nizam of Hyderabad. This dish is full of colors, fragrance and spice with plenty of variations depending upon the culture and tradition of that part of India. Cook the raw meats with the available spices for some time, then cover with rice and keep on dum till done. This is traditional style of preparing the dish.
They say that it is hard to cook a mutton biriyani perfectly because the most difficult part is to perfectly cook the mutton. You need to be an enthusiastic cook for preparing a flavorful recipe for the Mutton Biriyani lovers. Friends and family members praise this dish a lot because it is a delicious non-vegetarian food.
Procedure of preparing this dish is to be followed step by step. You can share the recipe with the people you know. It is expected that everyone enjoys the lovely biriyani of mutton. The mutton biriyani which is cooked in the pressure cooker does not involve numerous ingredients and the process is simple. This item has great flavour and taste than other restaurant recipes. Peas can be added but it is optional.
- Drained and washed Basmati rice-1000g
- Bay leaves-4
- Cloves- 12
- Salt 6 teaspoon
For marination of mutton-
- Front leg part of 2 kg mutton that is cut into 4 inch pieces
- Garam Masala-2 tablespoon
- Garlic paste-2 tablespoon
- Ginger paste-2 tablespoon
- Raw papaya paste-6 tablespoon
- Hung curd-8 tablespoon
- 2 lemon’s juice
- Red chilli powder-2 tablespoon
- Salt -2 teaspoon
- Rest ingredients-
- Sliced thinly 8 onions
- Chopped tomatoes-4
- Saffron strands
- Warm milk
- Rose water
- Kewra essence
- Green chillies-8
- Mutton marination-Add garlic-ginger paste, beaten curd, garam masala, lemon juice, raw papaya paste, chilli powder and salt to the mutton. Allow overnight marination.
- Preparing fried onions-4 onions are sliced very thinly. Add oil in a pan and fry slices of onion till brown in colour. Do not burn them. Fry in small amounts. All slices of onions should not be put in a single time else they will turn lumpy and messy. The slices of onions that are fried must be dipped properly in oil. Constant stirring is done but very gently so that an even brown colour is got. Sliced and fried onions are taken out with the help of a slotted spoon.
- For cooking of mutton-Ghee is heated in a thick-bottomed pan. Add the rest green chillies and sliced onions. Cook and keep stirring till onions become light golden brown. Add garlic-paste and ginger paste. Mix them nicely. The marinated mutton is added and cooked on high flame for 10 minutes. Coriander powder, red chilli powder and cumin powder is added and mixed thoroughly.6 water cups is stirred and boiled in low heat and cook the mutton by covering it. Add garam masala powder, fresh coriander leaves, tomatoes and salt. Cook for half an hour on medium flame, stir occasionally. Ghee is separated from spices. No watery gravy should be present.
- For rice preparation-Long grain good quality Basmati rice is used. Rice is soaked for 40 minutes in water. Wash the rice till water becomes clear. All water is then drained. Boil 1500ml of water with rice and salt and bay leaves. Cover it; cook it till rice becomes cooked. Water is drained.
- Saffron-milk is prepared by dissolving saffron strands in warm milk. Add kewra essence and rose water. Cover it after mixing it. Cardamom, cinnamon, raisins, star anise, black peppercorns are fried and added to rice. Rice and mutton are then layered one over the other. Cover with coriander leaves, pudina and other ingredients.