- Hilsa - Health Benefits, Nutritional Values & Recipes
- Red Wine: Is it really Good?
- Toxic Chemicals in Bread may cause Cancer and Thyroid Disorders
- The Essential Goa Cookbook by Maria Teresa Menezes - Paperback – 14 Oct 2000
- The Essential Kerala Cookbook by Vijayan Kannampilly - Paperback – 28 Apr 2003
Kerala Style Chicken Curry is also known as Nadan Kozhi Curry dish. This dish is an aromatic and spicy chicken recipe with the addition of cardamom powder onto the marination which happens overnight. Fresh flavour of cardamom provides a tickling factor to the senses thereby making prepared dish truly and simply exquisite.
Children grow up by eating the delicious item. It may be your favourite. People crave for it to great extents. The Kerala style chicken curry is a very special dish. This dish has gravy prepared with spices and coconut roasted but without the presence of coconut milk.
Kerala Style of Chicken Tomato Roast with no coconut- It is eaten on Sunday’s lunch and other auspicious moments. It is a delicious recipe. It can be served with chapatti and rice.
Kerala style of Pepper Chicken Roast-In this dish pieces of chicken are cooked using spices and pepper. It goes well with Indian breads; chapatti or rice. It can be served to guests who can help themselves with it. Do not replace black pepper whole with pepper powder in the dish.
The chicken masala of the respective curry is loved by people and is very common. Gravy is intense and goes well with mild main dishes like dosa, chapatti, rice, appam, idiyappam, pathiri, vegetable pulao and parotta. Meat masala or retail brought chicken masala may be used. The chicken masala is made at house also. Different Kerala recipes of chicken are pepper chicken, chicken thoran, Kerala chicken roast, and chicken biriyani.
It is a non-vegetarian dish which is dairy -free. It is easy to make. It is also called Red Chicken Curry owing to its red gravy that is brilliant. This curry gets its flavours of spices. This dish can be an evolved kind of curry. It goes well with ghee rice, normal rice and different kinds of Indian breads. For authentic taste coconut oil is used.
Kerala Chicken Curry is known as Country Chicken Curry. It is sautéed with coconut oil. It becomes special and traditional by small seasoning of whole red chillies and curry leaves.
This is recipe of Amma also. Here there is onion sautéing in low heat till they become light brown. Then you can add chicken, sauté it till absorption of moisture with no water addition. This is a difference causing factor.
The Kerala style of the recipe is a comfort food and gets International attention too because it is a glamorous food. It uses minimum ingredients. It can be eaten in dinner also. Kashmiri chilli powder which is very dark in colour and less spice or heat in comparison to red chilli powder should be used in case you want spice on low side.
- Boned chicken pieces-1000g
- Onions sliced-3 cups
- Tomatoes chopped-2 cups
- Ginger minced-2 tablespoon
- Garlic minced-2 tablespoon
- Chilli powder-one and half teaspoon
- Heaped meat or chicken masala-4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder-half teaspoon
- Coconut grated-2 cups
- Coconut pieces—4 tablespoon
- Cinnamon-2 inch piece
- Fennel seeds-1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves- 2 fistful
- Coconut oil-8 tablespoon
- Oil is heated in large pan. Sauté ginger, garlic and onions to each other. Usage of iron wok gives deep colour to the curry. Roast after drying coconut till golden brown. Heat is switched off. Add whole spices-cloves, cinnamon, fennel.mix nicely. Therefore they can get heat from coconut. Cool it and grind it to form a paste that is smooth with water. Keep aside.
- Onions will turn dark brown. As soon as colour changes, add turmeric, chilli powder, and meat masala. Fry for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes that are chopped. Sauté for 2 minutes more. Add pieces of coconut, paste of coconut, and chicken pieces that are washed to mixture above formed. With water 2 cups top it. Cover it; cook it on low heat for 40 minutes till pieces of chicken become soft. If gravy becomes very thick, add little more water and boil. Add curry leaves and salt on top. Mix nicely. The dish is prepared.