- Hilsa - Health Benefits, Nutritional Values & Recipes
- Red Wine: Is it really Good?
- Toxic Chemicals in Bread may cause Cancer and Thyroid Disorders
- The Essential Goa Cookbook by Maria Teresa Menezes - Paperback – 14 Oct 2000
- The Essential Kerala Cookbook by Vijayan Kannampilly - Paperback – 28 Apr 2003
If you desire for flavoured and delicious cooking of grandma which has scent that streams out of doors and windows of your old place of home, then you should learn to make old-fashioned beef vegetable stew. You will enjoy making it and eating it. You can make it in a crockpot dish so as to save effort and time. Either ways of cooking makes the dish very delicious and tasty. Biscuits that are homemade and hot can be served along with beef vegetable stew to your guests.
Kinds of Beef vegetable stew-
Very simple ones are present. They are made with addition of potatoes, kinds of vegetables and meat with herbs and water. Some are spiced with dried or fresh herbs. International recipes of beef vegetable stew are also present which give the dish an exotic flavour.
For suiting France taste add Burgundy wine. For suiting Italy flavour add fresh basil. For suiting Indian touch add curry powder. For suiting Mexico taste add cilantro and corn kernels. This dish is versatile. New ways to make it delicious can be discovered.
All types of patients can eat this dish, particularly diabetic patients. Diet is very important and should be managed by one and all particularly by the people who have diabetes. The people who are suffering from diabetes must manage their health by proper exercise, correct diet and thereby maintaining their sugar levels of blood. Carbohydrates turn to glucose when it breaks down thereby causing a rise in blood sugar levels.
Low Glycemic index table should be followed by Type II diabetics-
- Legumes, grains, beans- White chilli, golden oats, pizza beans.
- Eggs, poultry and fish- Chicken a la king, shirred eggs.
- Salad dressings and salads- Vegetable salad, cheese salad and bean salad.
- Casseroles- Beef casseroles.
- Soups and stew- Beef Vegetable stew, Sausage, red bean and barley stew.
- 1 pound of meat of beef stew that is cubed.
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- 1 sliced thinly cut onion.
- 1 can (6-ounce) of paste of tomato.
- 1 can (14.5-ounce) of less sodium beef broth that is low fat.
- 1 cup of carrots that are chopped.
- 3 cubed potatoes.
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig.
- 1 teaspoon of thyme that is dried.
- 1 leaf of bay.
- ¼ teaspoon of flakes of red pepper crushed.
- 10 ounces of quartered button mushrooms.
- 1 (10 ounce) package of thawed frozen green peas.
- Removal of the fat bits from the meat. Then conduct large pot oil heating over high medium heat. Saute in the oil, the meat for 10 minutes till totally brown in all sides. Then remove meat. Then set aside.
- Add tomato paste and onion to the utensil and saute over for 5 minutes at medium heat. Instead of this, you can also saute it till onion becomes tender, thereby stirring often. Then conduct meat returning to the skillet together with the broth of beef, together with the onion and paste mixture of tomato. Reduction of heat to low, and covering and simmering for 1 hour till meat is tender should be done.
- Addition of potatoes, rosemary, crushed red pepper flakes, carrot, bay leaf and thyme should be done. Simmering and covering for 45 minutes must be done. Some water must be added if the stew is too thick.
- Addition of the peas and the mushrooms must be done. Stew must be allowed to be heated through for 10 to 15 minutes. Then remove rosemary sprig and bay leaf before serving.
For making the dish as a crockpot recipe, follow the below directions-
- Coat the beef stew meat with flour and vegetable. Add all things to crockpot.
- Lid on top will be placed. Crockpot should be placed for high heat. Then cook for 5 to 6 hours.
- Or set it at low so as to cook for 10 to 12 hours.
- Recipe will suit cravings of your family and you by inclusion of different types of vegetables.